How To Walk On Ice
With the wicked weather, many are already slipping on the ice this winter; here are a few tips to help minimize your risk of falling on the ice. Remember to walk like a Penguin (even add the Bangles tune to it if need be).
- Keep your weight forward and on your front foot
- Keep your arms out by your side to help you balance
- Walk flat-footed and take short shuffling steps
- Wear footwear that provides traction
- Step down, not out from curbs
- Keeps your knees slightly bent
- Walk on snow or grass if possible
Good tips to keep in mind. Happy Holidays!
Great tool for staying vertical. We will pass along to our patients and residents. Happy Holidays!
Thanks for good tips .
I would like to add wear nice hand gloves so if you in case slip your hands should protect you without any hand injury.Harish