With the wicked weather, many are already slipping on the ice this winter; here are a few tips to help minimize your risk of falling on the ice. Remember to walk like a Penguin (even add the Bangles tune to it if need be).
- Keep your weight forward and on your front foot
- Keep your arms out by your side to help you balance
- Walk flat-footed and take short shuffling steps
- Wear footwear that provides traction
- Step down, not out from curbs
- Keeps your knees slightly bent
- Walk on snow or grass if possible